Open an Amazon Seller Account
Opening an account to sell on Amazon can take as little as 10 minutes. You will need to submit identification documents for yourself and the business.
Before you sign up, make sure you’re ready with the following:
- Business email address
- Credit or debit card
- Government ID for yourself and all shareholders above 25%
- Proof of address (personal, business and for all shareholders above 25%)
- Business registration certificate
- Tax information
- Phone number
- A bank account where Amazon can send you proceeds from your sales
- Select "Start Selling"
- Log into your existing Amazon buyer account, or create a new Amazon Account
- Select your "Business Location" and "Business Type" (e.g. sole trader / corporation)
From there, you’ll be asked to provide Amazon with a number of personal details. This includes a form of identification (either your passport number or your driver’s license).
You may also be required to give them your phone number. Again, this is for verification purposes.
Once you’ve completed the ‘Individual Information’ section, check the box below the marketplaces — this refers to the location of an Amazon store (eg. Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, etc.)
You'll need to enter your active credit or debit card information to complete account verification.
To move onto the next phase of the Amazon seller registration process, you’ll need to answer the following:
- The name of your Amazon store
- If you are the manufacturer and/or brand owner of the product you’re selling
- If you have a registered trademark for your product
Lastly, when you’ve completed all of the other steps in the verification process, you’ll be asked to confirm the business address you provided. You will either be asked to confirm a code mailed directly to your business address (see below) or required to upload proof of address documents.
Once you’re verified, you will have access to Amazon Seller Central!
Follow the below guide to add Sitruna as a secondary user
Once the account is opened, you will be asked for additional verification documents to open an Amazon Payments account - these documents will depend on your company and you will be prompted within Seller Central what is required